Currently, on all chains, 16% of the KyberSwap fees collected from trades through liquidity pools are sent to KyberDAO and the other 84% go directly to liquidity providers.
From the 16% sent to KyberDAO:
- 6% will be allocated immediately for KyberSwap operations such as gas refunds and marketing activities.
- 10% will be allocated to KNC voters. KyberDAO converts the fees collected into KNC tokens which are then distributed as rewards to KNC holders who stake and vote on KIPs (Kyber Improvement Proposals).
This aligns incentives between KNC holders and KyberSwap adoption, and allows for a positive loop where KNC holders have the ability to easily stake KNC again for additional voting power and rewards.
The current fee ratio between KyberDAO and liquidity providers was approved by KIP-25. This fee ratio may change in the future, subject to a new KyberDAO vote, and we will update this section accordingly.